All the amazing plant based ingredients you can find in our skincare products, can also help boost your immune system. A well functioning immune system could provide the first defence against an infection. Our nutrition could support our immune system and help defend it at these times. Not eating enough nutrients could decrease the immune competence. Here we suggest some vitamins & minerals that could help boost your immune system:
Vitamin A, C & E, Iron (Fe), Selenium (Se) and Zinc (Zn).
1. Vitamin A: Spinach, Carrot, Oily fish, Beef liver & Sweet potato (among other sources)
2. Vitamin C: Broccoli, Kiwi, Red & Yellow pepper, Orange juice and Kale (among other sources)
3. Vitamin E: Sunflower seeds & oil, Almonds, Butternut squash and Spinach (among other sources)
4. Iron (Fe): Lentils, Spinach, White & Kidney beans and Dark chocolate (among other sources)
5. Selenium (Se): Turkey, Chicken, Brown rice, Lentils and Cottage cheese (among other sources)
6. Zinc (Zn): Pork chop, Crab, Baked beans, Chickpeas, Pumpkin seeds and Cashews (among other sources)
These foods could provide a natural defence against infection and boost your immune system to work properly.
Please refer to the recommended daily intake of these vitamins & minerals as indicated by the NIH (ie. recommended amount for Vitamin A can be found here: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminA-Consumer/ )
There are plenty more sources for these vitamins & minerals! Can't wait to read in the comments section your favourite ones!